Robby speaks with Camille Fournier, Head of Platform Engineering at Two Sigma and author of The Manager's Path. They discuss the importance of avoiding overly clever code, onboarding developers to existing software projects and teams, and how to start approaching mentoring others and be a good mentoree. They also discuss topics from her book, like determining if a path toward management is right for you and navigating career growth in a technical role.
- Follow Camille on Twitter
- Camille on Medium
- The Manager's Path: A Guide for Tech Leaders Navigating Growth and Change
- Camille's Blog: Elided Branches
- [Book] What Got Your Here Won't Get You There by Marshall Goldsmith and Mark Reiter
- 97 Things Every Engineering Manager Should Know: Collective Wisdom from the Experts
Subscribe to Maintainable on:
Or search "Maintainable" wherever you stream your podcasts.