Robby speaks with Matt Weagle, Engineering Manager at Lyft. Matt discusses how his engineering teams have handled technical debt in small iterations vs. a major rewrite, why a whiteboard is the best tool for architectural challenges, and the most common mistakes he sees when engineers approach legacy code bases.
- Follow Matt on Twitter
- Matt on LinkedIn
- Some Thoughts on Security After 10 Years of Gmail
- A Taxonomy of Yak Shaving
- [Book] The Manager's Path by Camille Fournier
- [Book] Release It!: Design and Deploy Production-Ready Software by Michael T. Nygard
- [Book] The Phoenix Project, A Novel about IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win by Gene Kim , Kevin Behr
- [Book] The Inmates Are Running the Asylum: Why High Tech Products Drive Us Crazy and How to Restore the Sanity by Alan Cooper
- [Book] Accelerate: The Science of Lean Software and DevOps: Building and Scaling High Performing Technology Organizations by Nicole Forsgren
Subscribe to Maintainable on:
Or search "Maintainable" wherever you stream your podcasts.
Loving Maintainable? Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts to help grow our reach.
Brought to you by the team at Planet Argon.